Sunday, February 22, 2009

teachingwithted / Sir Ken Robinson: Do Schools Kill Creativity

teachingwithted / Sir Ken Robinson: Do Schools Kill Creativity

This is a great site that has been started to help teachers use TED videos with their classes. I think that this is a great idea. I've used TED videos off and on for a while, but I usually only use part of them as I'm afraid my (non-credit students particularly) won't take the time to watch the whole video. However, I think that I'm going to begin asking them to watch these for homework.

The video below was an extra piece added to this suggested lesson. It's a video, but the lyrics are much more important than the the pictures. Have a listen and see if you really understand its meaning.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I get it Dan (nice new blog by the way) ...Flowers are green, leaves are red, and cultural diversity is a political concept not readily accepted by the general population but as long as we write songs about it long enough, people will learn to distain teachers with glasses. Try that one on your class. :)

    ReplyDelete